Friday 30 November 2012

Eventful Times!

Here is my rather beautiful step daughter and best friend in character as Jane Austen at the library were I work in Truro.
This is the lovely Jacquie ,also a good friend reading over her presentation.
You may remember an earlier post when the three of us sat outside a bistro working out the structure of the performance.
An Evening with Jane Austen.
Emma in character talking to Christopher William Hill,play write and children's novelist who had spent the earlier part of the day being Writer in Residence in the library .
His first novel is called "Osbert the Avenger"
It is a dark but humorous tale not to be missed by children or adults for that matter!
The girls in action! Emma's reading of Mr Collins ghastly marriage proposal to Elizabeth Bennett   was so funny!
Jacquie who loves Jane Austen was witty and gave her unique take on the life and works of the writer.
The audience asked when would our next literary event be, so thinking caps are on. The event was a sellout !
What a week I have had,Chris staying and writing in my sewing room,rushing up to London through the floods to take my Mum to have an eye operation.  All in all a great week!
 

9 comments:

  1. A lovely girl indeed! This all looks like such fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was and now I have to think up another event for the New Year.Thanks for dropping in,hope you are still safe from the flooding x Angela

      Delete
  2. Hello, Angela! I've just discovered your blog and love your pictures. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comments.I love finding beautiful things to blog about!

      Delete
  3. She is so pretty and I love her dress.;) Have a great first of advent;)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely Zuzana! How are you feeling about the job now?

      Delete
  4. Glad everything went well for your Jane Austen evening - I would love to have been there. We recently had a travelling theatre company visit us and put on a production of 'What the Dickens' it was easily the best thing I've ever seen, just three people and 80 costume changes. It was well attended too - well worth the £10 entry fee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elaine,we only charged £2.50 and that encluded a glass of wine! I think I will up the price a bit for the next event.It was a buzzy day!

      Delete
  5. I love Jane Austen!! Excellent post Angela! I wish I could visit your library. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete