Friday 24 September 2010

Tessa Hainsworth came to the library to talk about her two best selling books.She was vivacious and amusing  and a real delight! Her stories are about her life in Cornwall as a "Postie" in the Roseland area. She was a Body Shop executive and she and her family downsized for a more fulfilling life. Her adventures are amusing and touching and good reads.I used to be on the mobile library in the same area and could identify with many of her experiences.The Roseland  is a very special place full of beauty and mystery. I too saw it in all weathers and seasons. I particularly remember coming across the King harry Ferry in the Autumn dusk and seeing the smoke  from  the chimney of a house on the far bank. Mist was rising from the river, it felt magic and a full moon was rising. Those times on the van were an experience I cherish and still miss.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Angela

    I wonder if I could please ask for your help.

    I'm a contributor to Cornwall Today magazine. At the moment I'm drafting a piece on Charles Causley, and the forthcoming Causley Festival at Launceston in June.

    While trawling the web, I came across your image of Tessa Hainsworth holding her books.

    I wondered if I might please use the image as part of my piece. I'd be delighted to credit it as you wish, and to acknowledge your help for which I’d be most grateful. It's a great image, very cheerful.

    If you'd like to check me out, my website's indicated below.

    I hope you don't mind me contacting you 'out of the blue', and I look forward to hearing from you.

    Best wishes

    Pete London
    07964 107450
    Email: petelondon@live.co.uk
    Web: www.petelondon01.webnode.com

    ReplyDelete