Sunday 19 September 2010

This is a lovely mystical view of an Irish village under a horned moon.It is very tranquil! I recall Yeats!!I also think of Allingham's Poem about the changeling.  Being between worlds is believable at this time of the year.In Cornwall we have the story of the Mermaid of Zennor who came from the sea to marry a local lad and then felt the call of the waves and could not remain. Autumn brings these images and feelings to mind. I have been lighting the woodstove for an hour or two each evening even though the days still have that balmy warmth .I love the drawing in and the urge to preserve summer memories like squirrels hiding their winter store and to tell stories of those who have left for other realms..

6 comments:

  1. Hello Angela
    Thanks for stopping by at my blog :) You have a lovely place here. I do love your starry background.
    Have a grat day.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angela,
    Lovely to see this post and your blog.
    I have recently done a post about the Mermaid Zennor so it was great to read your write up. You are lucky to live in Cornwall. I love the whole area and it's legends.
    I am now following you! :-)
    All best wishes.
    Jo May.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much,I do enjoy your creative blog. I really use this as a sort of diary a place to clarify some thoughts and share some lovely stuff.I hope you add me to your list? Best wishes Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Mermaid of Zennor is a wonderful legend.I first heard about it when I was a child and brought to Zennor by my parents on a touring holiday. Several Theatre companys in Cornwall have dramatized the tale.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Angela, thanks for visiting my blog and for your kind words, I shall be visiting yours too !

    ReplyDelete
  6. apparently Crowley and Dh Lawrence performed black magic rituals in Zennor and sent a couple mad

    ReplyDelete