Monday 1 November 2021

 Virus blues.


Well yes, this is really true and for all of us who are living with the fear and restriction of this virus, it has been put into sharp contrast. What are the important things, what is the present situation telling us about our way of life? I miss the hugs and cuddles and cooking for friends visiting me. We have had many garden visits and sat around fires under the stars which have been beautiful and reminded me of the joy and mystery of being outdoors at night. The contemplation of the cosmic vastness evokes deep thought. It makes our small selfish obsessions seem pretty pointless and it has put many things into perspective. Caring for the garden and closely watching seeds grow and actually eating my own produce has been satisfying. The sun helped so much for those with a garden during the lockdown and TV programs with Chris Packham and his crew were lifelines. Monty Don brought peace from his garden at Longmeadow which helped with the horror of the daily death toll, government mismanagement which lead to the deaths of so many of our elders and the awful burden that our NHS had to battle to try to keep people alive, some died themselves in the attempt The horrible way some people dismissed the lives of older people as if they did not matter, it's ok because only the old and sick die was a disgusting response.
The clean air was wonderful and how I wish this would lead to a greener, fairer and more beautiful way of life but I see our government is only interested in disaster capitalists and greed. However, I think this time has made many more people reassess what life really means to them and that we are herded by greed and power into frenzies of consumerism on a daily basis. Money has been saved and excess curtailed in this house anyway. 


Well summer passed and we are still coping with Covid and now Brexit has at last happened. What a depressing time this is , a rogue government who cares nothing for its citizens but only for cronies rules. One light is the emergence of vaccines against this plague and another the imminent demise of the crookTrump and his lunatics. I am finding it hard to be creative or to read fiction and I know it is because of the situation What shape will the future take, I feel that innocence has been lost forever for so many. When can we hug again, have friends inside our homes safely. The world is beautiful and we are but atoms in a huge universe, will we learn and make an effort to preserve our mother Earth or just continue with our careless sprees and waste.



 

8 comments:

  1. I love in Melbourne Australia and we are the worlds most locked down city
    Just this week we have been let out and can finally have visitors to our homes
    It’s been a long two years, but despite the whinging and protesting most of us have come out of this alive and well
    My heart breaks for those that have lost loved ones and I get very angry at all those that say we are locked in just to save a few old people.
    This has just shown us that the world is full of selfish people and that really makes me sad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks at least some of us are not brainwashed.

      Delete
  2. From Jenny at Handmade Happiness blog.
    Thank goodness there are people like both of you who can see our situation objectively and are not brainwashed by some of the media into thinking that our leaders are 'doing the best they can'.
    I wish for communities to come together and help each other. To create a ripple effect - a force for good. Is this possible? I hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ,it is ages since I posted on Bright Star .I must now wake up and get going again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you see this as I have only just discovered your blogposts through the Winifred Nicholson painting on Pinteres, and do hope that there will be more, as they are so beautifully written and uplifting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I am belatedly going to try to continue with Bright Star as it seems that some people like it and it is theraputic for me as well. Thanks so much for your comments

      Delete
  5. I am do glad to hear this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Respect for your dedication to writing content that can be shared and enjoyed by all. Continue in the same spirit ❤️️

    ReplyDelete